Monday 19 September 2011

Adventure #11: Colour Me Happy!

I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere with choosing and mixing my own colour combinations. I've been working through Lindly Haunani and Maggie Maggio's book Polymer Clay Color Inspirations. The pivot tiles exercise has been invaluable, allowing me to see how different colours shift each other and get a much better idea of how to go about mixing certain colours (Image 1). And I have loved creating my own colour collages, giving me pallettes to work from in my projects. Here is the stunning necklace I created using the pinched petal necklace exercise in the book (Image 2) - taking the colours from my first collage (Image 3).

Image 1: Colour pivot tiles using packet Kato clay colours

Image 2: Pinched-petal neckalce

Image 3: My first colour collage, made for working through the projects in Polymer Clay Color Inspirations

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to give this a try, but am encouraged by your success. You create some very unique pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad to have given some encouragement to a fellow clayer :D

    ReplyDelete