Sunday 27 October 2013

A Science Affair

In my day job, I'm a scientist and the scientific world around me always seems to skulk its way into my bank of inspiration!! Believe it or not there are many dazzling phenomena in the mundane daily lab life to inspire beautiful polymer clay pieces. The first piece I attempted was a variation on a protein crystal structure. Incorporating extruded brightly coloured clay to represent the common alpha helix and beta sheet forms.


Then I found my flower petal canes turning into E.coli with stripey flagella on this pendant!


My backdrop for this pendant looked so much like a fingerprint after I textured it that I went with a forensic science theme, with a trail of blood for the forensic scientists to follow and blood drops to be analysed.


1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! I love the E.Coli... your pendent, not the actual bacteria

    ReplyDelete